Every Sunday I make a point to re-group with myself and spend a couple of blissful hours in my home-made SPA.
Last year my husband completed a washroom renovation project, which included a steam Sauna, a walk-in rain shower, an all-white modern vanity, and a deep soaking bathtub.
This is my small secret paradise, where all exhaustion and worries accumulated over the week can be melted away. I take time to get relaxed, re-charged and re-energized for a new week ahead, when I can unleash my creativity and energy for work.
Today I’d like to share a few tips for a good home SPA.
– Always have a cold drink to go with your hot bubble bath. Cold water with sliced cucumber is my favourite one. Sometimes I will have a glass of Champagne with ice.
– Select the right type of bath bombs or oils to release your stress and anxiety. The brand I like the most is LUSH. There are so many different kinds to choose from. The bath bombs are all scented with the finest essential oils, and their perfumes run the gamut from bright and uplifting to earthy and calming.
– Remember to put on a face mask or two to brighten up your beautiful skin. I personally like face mask sheet which helps to moisturize my skin. Clay mask usually helps to remove excessive oil and dead skin cells which I tend to use in summer.
– Don’t forget to light a few candles, and if you are feeling romantic, throw some rose petals into your tub as well. Scent wise, you can always get cozy and comfy with aromatic white sand or sea salt candles.
– Last but not the least, press the play button on your SONOs and enjoy some soft and dreamy SPA music while you slowly close your eyes.
The greatest gift you can give to yourself is a little bit of your own attention. Keep calm and SPA on.
I hope you all had a relaxing weekend and that you are ready for a busy yet wonderful week ahead.